Saturday, July 23, 2016

Precious - Here and Gone and Here

Regular readers know that Phod is in love with his Chuck-It Ball, we call Precious. Given a basket of identical looking balls, he has a favourite Precious.

Phod with a Precious
For a long time his favourite was Precious 1. Precious 1 was so loved, he chewed a hole in it. Precious 1 disappeared last summer, but showed up again in the spring. Precious 1 was hiding in the thick bush that surrounds our house. It was found before the spring regrowth.

Phod was excited to see Precious 1, but his favourite was now Precious 3. (Precious 2  got stuck under the deck last summer). While he wanted Precious 1 in the ball basket (he checked it every day), he would pick Precious 3 to play with.

Precious 3 is currently in the bush and hopefully will return in the spring.

To ensure Phod had appropriate Preciouses available, he was given Precious 4. Precious 4 is now under the deck as well.

He keeps dropping the balls down those holes
So, we are back to Precious 1 and have introduced Precious 5. While he never loves the new ball right away and after a few days for it to become Precious. It is like it needs to go through a Precious in training program! Don't worry, we have 2 more back up Precious balls if necessary. We will keep buying replacements as necessary. Our vows with Phod include ensure you always have a Precious.

19 comments:

  1. no worries phod, precious 2,3&4 looked just for a shady place under the deck and in the bush and they sure come back in fall :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't have too much "Precious" in your life dear Phodie.....collect as many as you can!

    Love, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOW WOW, you have your very own Wilson like Murphy! BOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari Om
    Can't help thinking there is a secret formula involved in the making and keeping of a Precious. Maybe not. Then again... &*> Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, that sure must be a very precious Precious:)

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're keeping track, but I have a feeling that it's like treats, and Phod knows exactly how many there are! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hearing about Phod and his Precious! Perhaps he drops the balls under the deck as a way on ensuring they never get lost in the bush?

    ReplyDelete
  8. One day you are going to have a whole lot of Precious's, Phod! You love Precious like I love my tennis balls!

    Love ya lots♥
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a parody of the song from 'Finian's Rainbow' 'When I'm not near the precious I love, I love the precious I'm near.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What would you ever do if you couldn't get any more precious's? We hope Phod would eventually find a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh oh ... Why do they have to disappear?
    We've "lost" some of our favorites, too!
    And we're always happy when they magically reappear! BOL

    Love Zoe, Peyton, Webster, Liberty, Whitney & Jaxzyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Precious balls falling under the deck is a problem. I think your mom should tear up the deck and retrieve them all! I always like my newest toy the best of all toys. ...till I get another new toy.

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  13. We totally understand this. Oh yes we do! Cherry Bomb!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMD, like my STUD MUFFIN said, I TOTALLY understand dude! CHERRY BOMB! ☺
    And just thinks, searchin' for all those PRECIOUS' will be tons of funs!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mom has had to mend a couple of my stuffies but so far my boys are holding up. I hope nothing happens to Lambchop - he is my favorite.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ziva has her favorite tennis balls too!! She'll spit out certain ones. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woofy greetings from Vancouver! I have a tennis ball but my mouth is too small to hold it. Sometimes I chase it around but it doesn't leave the house! I love your adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!