Friday, November 20, 2015

Trickster - by Phod

 I have a terrible story to tell.

Wednesday, the Lady was gone forever and ever. I thought she was never coming home. She was very late. (Editor's note - Lady was home by 6:30).  I was so worried. It was dark. Man is usually home first, but on Wednesdays he doesn't come home until very late.  As a special treat because I was so brave and waited so nicely, Lady let me play with Precious (my ball) in the driveway. My people are very mean and don't usually let me play when it is dark.

It was going nicely until Lady was a Trickster and lost it. I couldn't find it. We looked and she then tricked me inside. I thought she had Precious inside and went to look. Once inside she tried to distract me but I kept searching for it. Finally, I knew I would have to wait until morning.

Thursday morning she presented a ball. It may look like Precious to her, but I knew it was different. I wouldn't take it out. I searched and searched but couldn't find my Precious. Finally, I played with this new ball. I showed Lady it wasn't Precious as I refused to bring it in. She can't trick me.

I am hoping my Precious still turns up, but until then will settle for ball.

From the summer - as Lady doesn't have a new picture. 


(Sorry we didn't get to see everyone yesterday, Lady had a rough day at work which required a big Martini and a hot bath).


24 comments:

  1. we can not believe these humans of ours think we notice something as important as a different precious - really ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nose, you haf lost Precious????? That's not good Phod, I do jope Precious turns up soon, I wonder where he's hiding?
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx
    PeeS Mum says she understand the Baff and Martini bit very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phod I hope you will find your one and only Precious.... maybe we can make flyers what we hang on efurry tree? Hugs to your Lady, hope the Martini and the bath helped to chase the black workyplace clouds away...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing like the real Precious
    Love & peas,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear Phod, that was a traumatic day for both you and Lady.
    Here's hoping you find Precious and Lady does not find herself again in need of a martini and a hot bath.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I hope your Precious shows up soon. My dog Tucker has a Precious and several terrible things have happened to it. Once, it landed in a small swimming pool, but Tucker HATES getting his feet wet, so he had to spend several minutes playing Bobbing for Precious. But he got it! The worst was the time when I threw the Precious and it got wedged in the branches of a tree. We had to wait for my husband to get home so we could get a ladder to get it out of the tree. We know how you feel. Hope you find yours soon!
    --Wags (and purrs) from Life with Dogs and Cats

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NO not a missing Precious...we will alert the authorities here just in case she has rolled south.
    Tell Lady we think she was wise to look after herself with a relaxing both and nipitini
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Poor Phod! We sure hope that precious will come out of hiding
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD, Precious is missing?!?!? Red alert!! Call out the troops!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMD, Precious is missing?!?!? Red alert!! Call out the troops!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We think maybe you need a leash for Precious....he is always disappearing!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    PeeEss...Mama says she knows all about those Martini/Bath days...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trying to fool you with an imposter Precious? That's just not right! We hope the real one shows up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Phod I'm so sorry you've lost your Precious! That's terrible. I bet you'll find it. Nothing will ever be quite the same, but maybe ball will be okay...not Precious, but still okay. Maybe a trip to do some shopping would help find something else.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Police Commish

    ReplyDelete
  14. WE always think of Lord of the Rings when we read about your precious...did your mom take it and hide him from you......................what the heck. stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no! I hope you find your ball soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Phod, maybe your Precious is playing a trick on you and is hiding. We hope you find it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Poor guy! Sorry Lady had a rough work day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We're sorry the Lady lost your Precious! We know it can never be truly replaced but sometimes we just have to settle for second best. We hope the new ball will get plenty of use.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no....Precious is missing again!? We sure hope you find it soon. Around here we have a whole family of Precious'...but Cricket can't be fooled either. If it goes out of the yard....we have to have that one back. She will settle for a different one the next day though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! That is terrible!!! I hope you find Precious soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!