Sunday, March 3, 2013

Catch Up

It has been a very busy week. Lady went away for work. It is the end of the month so she had a lot of business stuff to do (she has to do her books so she gets paid), she had to see clients and most excitingly Emma has arrived!

Emma came Saturday afternoon. The Lady decided to pick her up then so that the Man would be around to help with the adjustment. So far everything has been good. The cats didn't even hiss at her.

There are several big challenges to having Emma. She is not really house trained. She goes where she wants, when she wants. She is use to having access to her food all the time. Our Lady hopes we can overcome some of these challenges. We aren't sure how long she is with us. It is for at least a week, but could be until Mid May. The military may be sending Uncle Chris somewhere. So we will see.

Our Lady says she will do her best to keep you abreast of our adventures but she is gonna be a single mom with 3 dogs (aged 1, 2, 3) and 2 old cats. It may be challenging.


In other news:

We are thrilled to announce we won Susie and Sidebite's guess our weight contest. We were off by 1/2 pound.



We are late in accepting this but thrilled that Kirby awarded us the Liebster Award.

We have been fighting over who should accept and our Lady decided Phod could write 11 things about himself:

1) I love to play fetch. I can play for hours. I will even bring a ball if you are in the bath. 
2) I will groan if I want attention and am not getting it.
3) I love to run to the end of the driveway and pee on the tree there.
4) Rope toys are the only ones that will survive around me. And eventually I will take them apart, but they last weeks and not hours. 
5) I like to drag Lee by her neck and collar
6) I may run ahead but I don't really run away
7) It took me a bit to understand training and why we are doing it but now I get it and like cookies.
8) I have a little scar on my nose
9) I don't watch TV so when Lee barks at it, I think someone has broken in.
10) I eat really slowly
11) I just want people to love me. 


Our Lady will answer the questions on our behalf:


1. How old is your dog/dogs/cat/bunny?
Baggy wil be 18 this month, Nin will be 18 in July, Lee is 3 and Phod is about 2

2. What is your favorite thing to do with them?
Walk and snuggle

3. Do you think of your pet as your child/or another member of the family?
They are pack members and not kids (but I am not convinced children wouldn't have been cheaper!)

4. If you were wanting a breed of dog in the future what would it be and why?
 I don't know about breeds, I never thought I would own a German Shepherd and now I am in love with him. I think it is more about the individual dog then the breed.

5. Are you more artistic or mathematical minded?
Neither really. I do like order and do have decent analytical skills, so probably more math.

6. What is your biggest pet peeve about dog owners/cat owners bunny owners?
When they don't try and train them. I know it isn't easy (oh do I know) but people who don't put the time in to try, drive me crazy!

7. If you could either win a free trip with a loved one to anywhere in the world , or stay in your state but get to bring you and your pet to a deluxe pet vaca which would you choose?
Hmmmm, is it a good or bad day here? Somedays I want a vacation from them and others I want them to be with me every day!

8. Is your dog a barker? Is your cat a loud meower? Is your bunny load in their cage a lot?
Hailey is a barker if she thinks we are being invaded. Phod joins in. Baggy complains to get on the counter or to be fed and has the loudest purr. Nin yodels. 

9. What is your favorite movie right now?
Now and always, the Muppet Movie

10. What is a dog/cat/rabbit treat/toy you would recommend?
We LOVE greenies in our house and kongs. 

11. Does your dog/cat/rabbit sleep in bed with you?
Lee does. Phod may come up for snuggles when we first go to bed or in the morning, but he sleeps on the floor. 


Thanks Kirby! 


8 comments:

  1. Sounds like quite a challenge... maybe Emma will be able to learn something from the Lady during her stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award! Great answers too! Hopefully things will go smoothly with your new pack member!


    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love questions and answers! Looking forward to your reports on Emma. Sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The original Muppet Movie was awesome! Good luck with Emma and the crew this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a challenge alright. Congratulations on your award
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with three naughty poochies. No worries we see you when you can. Congratulations on you award. Have a marvelous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award!
    I'm the same as Phod sleeping-wise:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!