Monday, January 28, 2013

Mischief Monday - I did not run away- by Lee



On Saturday evening my people had to go out and leave me for a million minutes. Before going out they fed us and while Lady was packing up, Man took us out. I have been working hard on my off leash training and my people have been letting me off leash more often. The Man made a mistake to do this when he was in a hurry to leave. While out minding my own business,  I got the scent of the wild turkeys we had seen earlier in the day and I had to follow them.

I did hear my Man and then my Lady calling, but I was too busy sniffing.
A bad picture our Lady took in the fall of the turkeys outside our window. She didn't get a picture on our adventure

My sniffing was interrupted when my Lady met me on the snowmobile path right behind our house. At first I ignored her, as I had turkeys to track. But then she did something very mean. She showed me she had a greenie in her pocket. I had to think about this for a minute but I decided I would give up my hunt for the greenie (as the saying goes, 1 in the hand is worth 2 in the bush). 


My Lady then did the unthinkable because she didn't have my leash with her, she carried me for a bit. This was sucky for me and hard for her cause we were down the hill and it is snowy and a steep walk up. She put me down and had the greenie in her hand and I stayed right with her to the house. I had to wait til we were safe in the house to get the greenie. She said she didn't trust me!

My Lady says I caused the mischief by not coming when called. I think she did by making me pick between turkey and greenie. What do you think?

26 comments:

  1. decisions, decisions......oh you are so good cause we'd go for the turkey. Have a marvelous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I had seen a turkey they would have won, but I just smelled them!

      Delete
  2. Real wild turkeys???? You had no choice...you HAD to go after them. They're just lucky you weren't dragging them along by the leash!

    A greenie in the hand, or turkeys running in the bush...that's a toughie.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, real wild turkeys, a flock or gaggle or whatever they are. We live in a cool place.

      Delete
  3. Don't scare you people, Lee! Monty takes off quite regularly and Mom has become an ace at the flying tackle. He can't be convinced to come for a treat. It is highly amusing to the neighbors.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure my Lady would tackle as well if she could catch me:)

      Delete
  4. The choice was clear.you had to track the turkey's. Your mom's miscief not yours for sure.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. No doubt we would have picked the turkeys! But when we were done with them, we would have begged, pleaded and borrowed for a Greenie.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard, the turkeys were gone and I could see the greenie.

      Delete
  6. Well, I guess I would try again tonight for those turkeys!!
    Lovies, Miss Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh me...those turkeys were most delicious looking but I expect you would have been quite disgusted by the feathers. As for the greenies you know they are always tasty,
    Hugs madi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, hadn't thought about the turkey feathers. I wonder if I caught one if the Lady would pick the feathers for me.

      Delete
  8. First we need to know do turkeys taste like chicken?
    Have a fun day
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's never your fault...remember that...NEVER

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pfft how was it your fault?!?! You was just keeping the area safe from turkeys, your humans should be grateful!!
    Love Milo :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, we'd chase those turkeys!!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only problem is that if you get too close they fly into a tree!

      Delete
  12. Well, I feel your lady's pain because Shiner is not very good at coming when called either. I know she hears me but is just ignoring me. And when she decides to walk back up to the house, she walks very very slowly and takes her time so I have to stand outside longer lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they know how stressful it is for the people when they don't listen . . .

      Delete
  13. i think the turkey would be far too tempting not to chase!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!